Hi Delly ,
I had 30 fractions of rads and 2 scheduled chemos but only managed 1, my platelets hadn't recovered enough for the 2nd lot . The radiotherapy is stuff and I did struggle but not to do isn't an option so it was a case of just getting on with it. My neck became very sore I trialled a cream but I can think for the life of me what the hell it's called but it will come back to me! Was told is �85 for a very small tube but they gave me several tubes whenever I asked. My skin still broke down and was very wet and oozing sore but it's healed beautifully and you would never know . Your dad will be very tired I'm still tired and can't manage full time work anymore , yes I too went daily for 6 weeks with sat/sun off. Are you able to go with your dad , I couldn't have done it alone and I couldn't drive. I had radiation sickness but believe this is not that common most people don't. The dry mouth is miserable I'm on a drug called pilocarpine which I find really good wouldn't be without it but again most people can't tolerate the side effects I personally find them worth it . Nobody at christies told me about it , I learnt on here so asked about it and they gave it no problem , so worth a go. They also gave me acupuncture which I had for 3 months after the treatment I wasn't well enough during.
Horrible wet miserable day here roll on summer eh?
Take care ask away if there's anthing I can do or help with xxxx

Di 47 none smoker / drinker

T4 SCC left tonsil
1 Cistplatin,30 RAD finished treatment on 4/12/2013
Trismus
First MRI scan appears clear
TX
NG tube 9 weeks
acute vommiting, syringe driver 9weeks
2 month checks