Hi everyone x dad is feeling a bit better his weight dropping a bit because he wasn't feeding enough they have now changed it to a higher calorie intake hopefully he will gain some weight before his radiation x my dad has had a massive improvement In the last few days he has actually swallowed a teaspoon of water quite a few times it doesn't sound much but it is a massive achievement as we wasn't sure if he could swallow again xx his face is healing nicely just needs to start opening his mouth a bit has no speech as he keeps his mouth closed because he says it's all to big thinks his tongue is to big I'm not sure if it is or if it's due to the swelling xx it's only 3 week post op and in my eyes he's doing amazing I've got him broadband netflicks and an iPad x just want him to try not to get to fed up staying in xx radiation starts 14 April and I no we going to have a few months of bring down and not feeling like it's going to end x my dads had radiation before on the same side so they have to try and not hit the same bits else it will cause a lot of damage so he's had a mask made to try protect these areas x he's doing amazing and I'm so proud xx Maria I fully understand this feeling I have 3 lovely children all girls and very understanding she 13,10amd 4 😀 and thankyou for your kind words xx kjb im do sorry to hear your dad passed away and after everything he went through frown how sad x dads not heard off the speech therapy yet I think everything waiting till after radiation when everything's calmed down x bet your dad was so very proud to have you as a daughter xx

Father 60 years old
Diagnoised oc jan 15
Peg fitted 27/2/15
Full tongue glossectomy reconstruc surge ,
Lymph nodes and glands out 5/3/15
Rt 14/5/2015