Belated Happy New Years to all the members here on OCF!

Another week gone and we are over 4 weeks post treatment and things are slowly getting better and better which is good.

Jen has now regained certain tastes back although not to the full extent (about 15% taste in specific foods) and is trying different stuff out on a day to day basis.

It has also been around 10 days since she has stopped all medication and boy was that another journey getting off the morphine! In saying that, managing the medication and getting off it so quickly was probably one of the best things along with the nutrition aspect we did, as she has now got her mental 'vibe' back and is thinking a lot more clearly compared to when she was on the pain meds.

We have our final meeting with our RO this coming Friday, then 2 month follow ups with our ENT docs thereafter. First PET / CT Scan was also scheduled in for the 19th of March so plenty more hospital visits to come...

I am so proud of Jen on how she has coped and recovered from all that has happened over the past 6 months, and I am praying hard that the effort put in does not go to waste..

It looks like it is going to be one interesting 2013, and I hope this time next year I am still able to write this in such a positive spin as I have done today..

6/8/12: Wife 33y/o with no risk dx with Stage IVa SCC L of Tongue(T4aN2bM0)
3/9/12: Induced birth @ 36 weeks - Baby Hunter!
11/9/12: OP - 3/4 Partial Gloss, Radical ND & Tongue Rec.
24/10/12: 33xRad + 7xChemo
7/12/12: Tx complete
21/3/13 & 21/6/13: NED
24/7/13: SCC in Lungs - OP: Lobectomy (VATS)
29/1/14 passed away