Final Chemo session was completed today (4x Cisplatin, 2x Carboplatin) and we now have just 2 rad sessions to go..

Finally inserted the Nasal Gastric Tube on Monday this week voluntarily as Jen's throat got very bad over the weekend and could not swallow anything including water.

Although we have lost no weight since treatment begun over 6 weeks ago, we thought it might be the safe bet to get it inserted as we knew eating would become a struggle over the next few weeks.

Currently, we are getting down around 5 x Ensure 2.0 per day which equates to approximately 2300 kcal through the tube, and it has made things a whole lot easier for her.

Using around 60mg of Oxicodone per day + Cocaine Mouthwash for pain relief, and we were just prescribed MS Contin just in case things get difficult over night as it lasts for 12 hours.

Only 2 more days to go until treatment is complete, and I pray that it's the last time we EVER step foot into the radiotherapy or chemotherapy room of ANY hospital.

Not to say that we won't miss the doctors, nurses and staff at all the hospitals as they have been incredible, but I am sure we will get to see them on a frequent basis as we get regular check ups post-treatment.

In all honesty, the advice that I have gathered from OCF and the stories you have all shared with us has helped us so much through this difficult journey, and has prepared us so well for what was expected.

As promised, I will try and put together one final post once treatment is over and have had time to settle down which may hopefully help others lurking these forums for some information around what to expect during treatment.

Kind Regards
Jay & Jen (+Hunter!)

6/8/12: Wife 33y/o with no risk dx with Stage IVa SCC L of Tongue(T4aN2bM0)
3/9/12: Induced birth @ 36 weeks - Baby Hunter!
11/9/12: OP - 3/4 Partial Gloss, Radical ND & Tongue Rec.
24/10/12: 33xRad + 7xChemo
7/12/12: Tx complete
21/3/13 & 21/6/13: NED
24/7/13: SCC in Lungs - OP: Lobectomy (VATS)
29/1/14 passed away