Look, now is the time that consuming calories the fastest is the best approach. Get Boost VHC which has a whopping 560 calories in a small 8 oz can. That means you only have to swallow 5 of those to get 2800 calories. Less swallowing = less pain from swallowing. Also don't forget the water. Both are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Failure to keep up every single day WILL lead to more complications on top of plenty that you will have to deal with from the concurrent chemo/rad. I tried to drink 1 can of VHC or 1 can of water on the hour, every hour I was awake. We all hate to be Darth Vader's but almost all of us suffered like we have never suffered before, from appx the 4th week of Tx till the 3rd week post Tx and each week gets progressively worse. You can help yourself by following everyone's experienced advice.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.