No problem..I was physical fit, but not the gym rat I was once, but was doing lighg exercise in the hospital during treatment. For induction chemo, you are hospitalized for 5 days. On the 5th day, I was discharged, and even walked out, refusing a wheel chair. When I got home, I just started feeling bad, diarreah, and could hardly walk. I had to call an ambulance to go to the local hospital ER. Was there for two days, and once when getting up I fell to the ground. I think it happened again, told to stay in bed, and noticed my legs started to have limited movement and then none. Next thing I know, I 'm going to ICU, and was in and out of consciousness for the next month and a half. I had every ailment..sepsis, septic shock, disseminated candisis, lung collapse, renal failure, high blood pressure, low pressure, and more, and all my fingernails, toenails came off..ouch, burns on my face, mouth, inside mouth, and on hands. They were going to put me in the burn unit, but opted to treat me in the room..peel some skin off. I was in the hospital from Nov 22nd to May 7th in isolation, unable to walk, eat. When I got out to go home, I was supposed to go to the nursing home, but did not. After that, and to this day, just have had several hundred dr visits, tests. I have 6-7 doctors, and go to one at least one a week, someones 4. I wore no glasses before Chemo, totally blind in one eye now from Chrmo causing optic ishemic neuropathy, which led to neovascular glaucoma, and trying to save my other eye.

I was looking at the cause of the paralysis, doctors have no answer, and hate to blame the beloved chemo, just saying I was too weak, but I found that galium barre virus causes paralysis, usually started in the feet and up. The virus usually starts due to stomach bacterial infection, which I had. Thete is no real test for this except a spinal tap.

The doctors have no answers, expect my local Onvologist, who didn't treat me, said I was given too much chemo at the other institution.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo