I don�t understand why your doctors are talking about options in the first place. Are you sure you�re at a top flight facility?

The option you take is the one that assures the highest possible cure rate for the situation. This is only something a doctor would know. As a patient, your husband has much less knowledge then those administering to him. They should know the best treatment plan. How are you to decide?

If they are telling you that they think it�s a 50/50 proposition than I would go with the weekly Cistplatin/Rad combo. I did weekly and had almost no problems with the chemo.

If they are telling you that one treatment regime is better than another but more brutal, you go brutal. You want this cancer killed now, this time. I have had a recurrence and I would not recommend any easy way out the first go around with this killer. I would take the most aggressive rout and kill it now. I know David feels that HPV+ makes a difference but I do not. Whatever the cause, I would ask for the most aggressive cure coming out of the gate.

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR
12-3-12 PET - CLEAR