Bean...

There you go, being the Lone Ranger again!!! You may need someone with you. They have offered (I am so glad they did!) so now would be the perfect time to let them in!!!

Choose the person with whom you feel most comfortable. Then, you will have someone who can keep you steady if it isn't good news...or, even better, someone who will celebrate with you when you hear it's good news! Either way, the person you choose will be thankful you included him or her and proud that you showed confidence in his or her ability to help you. If you have oral cancer, you will learn very quickly that you will need to learn to rely on other people for help. Not that it hasn't been done by a couple of Lone Rangers before you. But, you have people who want to help. Please allow them to show their love and appreciation for you. I'm thankful for the times I spent with people I love when they needed me. It is less of a burden than you think.

I hope you get some good news tomorrow and the ENT is able to put your fears to rest. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and will be sending thoughts and prayers for a clean bill of health.

Ex-spouse MISDIAGNOSED with SCC-HN IVa 12/10. Tonsils out 1/11. 4 teeth out 2/11. TX Erbitux x2, IMRT x2 2/11. 2nd opinion-benign BCC-NOT CANCER 3/11. TX stopped 3/11. New doctors 4/11. ENT agrees with 2nd opinion 5/11. ENT scoped him-all clear 7/11. Ordered MRI anyway. MRI 8/22/11 Result-all clear.