Bean, welcome to OCF!

At this point I would suggest to follow the advice already given to you and get checked out by an ENT. Then you can even follow that up with a trip to a cancer center. From what you wrote, you do not have cancer yet. Dysplasia can turn into cancer but not always.

Your age is NOT old!!!! I hope to still be around when I am 58, I really am hoping to hit 70. Its pretty drastic saying your plan to go into a nursing home then to hospice. Right now you have not been diagnosed with cancer. Sure medical treatments are costly but nursing homes can be tremendously expensive as well. Please continue to enjoy your life! I would suggest taking one step at a time as well as one day at a time before making drastic life ending plans.

Have you discussed any of this with your family? Do they know your plans? A family helps each other and cares for each other. I am sure if they knew the full situation your family would have something to say about your plan. Please talk everything over with them and also your medical professionals. Dont give up before the battle even begins!!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma