I would think that folks would be happy to hear from someone wondering how they're doing, especially if they can provide some insight or assistance to the person checking on them. I'm one of the "fallen away". Life does get in the way (in a good way). I have much less "down time" now, and more days when I want to put some distance between myself and cancer. I left the site long enough to become "out", and not be familiar with many of the current threads. I nearly never post now when I do come in and peruse posts, as I think "it's been covered", and I have nothing useful to add. I'm eight months out of treatment (well, tehchnically I'm out - looks like I'll have to have a neck dissection next month), and have been recovering very well, except for that one lymph node, so , thank goodness, have little experience with post treatment issues to share. I have to admit, I wouldn't have come onto the site today, but I recommended it to someone else, and said "Hey, it's been a while - I should pop in". Now I'm chiding myself, saying, you should chime in - new folks should know that many folks are like me, and go through much less than the average person. I dunno. Part of me used that as an excuse to not post - I thought it was a little cruel to hear how some suffer, and throw in "Oh really, you're on a very strong pain patch? well, I only take hydrocodone if I want to eat barbecue sauce". Well, at any rate, whether I'm posting or not, know that I am hoping we all do well. Happy Thanksgiving, all.

44 at 10-26-2009 Dx; SCC, T2N2b, St.IV BOT; Rt. Tonsil out; PET 11-12-09 (3 spots); 3 rds Cisplatin, Taxotere and 5-FU started 11-19-09; PEG 12-24-09; 7 wks chemo-rads done 03-16-10. 06-28 CT/PET watching 1 node; PEG out; 11-15 CT - larger; 11-23 PET activity up; mrdc 12-21; 04-01-11 CLEAN SCANS! ; March 2018 new SCC - Meet with surgeon 4-4-18