You all are so sweet. I look forward to checking back here in the mornings smile
Im also very glad I came here and took everyones advice to find the best care available - I always contemplated going to Houston but you all gave me the extra push. The ass from Duke basically told us we were in the situation we're in now because we didn't come see him first!! - another heartless thing that came out of his mouth.

Christine - i do try to make her do 3 cans a day thru her PEG. as of now its the only way she can eat. since they did the biopsy june 5th her trismus has gotten worse. yesterday she only did 2 cans. Since she came home from the hospital in January, ive been ordering her Nutren 2.0, which I found online. Its 500 calories and 26 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein. She is really bad about only doing 2 a day. Yesterday I tried to get her to do one while we were at the dr office but she was in so much pain she said it would make her sick and she snapped at me for pushing her to do it.
Hopefully after getting settled with her new meds shell stay on top of it

I need to get her to read this forum. She doesnt realize how many others have gone through what she is facing. Christine I think she would benefit from talking with you or at least reading your blog since she is facingn the same surgery

my mom, age 59.

12/08 surgery & 33x rad
4/09 recurrence
5/09 surgery & 35x rad
12/09 recurrence
1/10 surgery. peg tube, trach, fibula free flap
6/10 recurrence. double chemo treatments.
8/10/10 finally at peace in heaven