Dear Minnie,

You have been a tower of strength, a shoulder to lean on and a sympathetic ear for so long to everyone here including me when my Aunt was fighting and losing her battle. I feel so very guilty about not reading the board over the last four or five days because I've been absolutely miserable with the discomfort and weirdness of a recent root canal tooth. Now I really feel guilty!! I'm a wimp compared to you guys. I am SO very sorry for what you are going through. Please don't keep your feelings and fears locked inside you, lean on your family.
They love you. That's what they're there for. It's amazing that sometimes all we need to get us over a bout of terrible anxiety is for someone we love to just hug us and not let go.
My hopes and my prayers are with you. I will pray very hard that tomorrow is a good day for you.

I know you don't feel like eating right now but please do eat to keep up your strength, so that your stomach has something to work on, so that your meds aren't floating around in an empty stomach and so we don't have to call you Skinny Minnie.

Did I make you laugh??

My prayers tonight are for you, Helen and Dr. Mike. God be with you all and give you strength.

Hugs,
Lisa

Niece to Aunt Ro- Dx: 4/03. SCC Stg 4 BOT with mets to fl of mth & crvcl lymph node. AdenoC 1 sal gland. Two add. reconstrc. surgeries for adhesions. Recurrence 7/06- Sub-Mand AdenoC. Mets to both lungs. Lost her battle 5/4/07.