Hi Everyone,
I had a biopsy done on Tuesday and will get the results this coming Tuesday. I won't lie, I'm terrified. My doctor said he didn't like the way it looked but that he also couldn't tell me by looking at it if it was cancer. He said it had signs that were not typical of cancer but he was concerned that it hadn't healed by now. He also sent me for a CT scan in case, which I had done today. The area itself looks better today then it has in a couple months so we think that's a positive sign. Four years of easing off my worries and now they are right at the forefront again. My husband and I have had some deep talks the past few days, some alone, some with the older girls, and have all plans in place if it's the worst case scenario. Brian, if it is positive for cancer, my husband has asked if you would talk with him.
So, pray, send up good wishes, do whatever it is your spirituality dictates in your life. I didn't want to bring this to the board cause we have enough "bad" news going on but I realized how much I need to bring it here. Hopefully, on Tuesday, I can post some good news. If not, I will come here and start another battle with the support of all of you.
Love,
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.