Minnie, I'm so sorry you went through that but so glad it turned out to probably not be a recurrence. I have a spot on my tongue that intermittently rubs against my teeth, esp. now that I am trying to get all my nutrition orally and it often worries me although both my dentist and my ENT say it all looks OK.

I can tell from your posts how much regret you have about breaking down in front of your adult daughter but I suspect it will forge a new closer and more adult relationship between the two of you, and may have let her feel important to you in a way she hadn't before. And you need to let yourself be human, you know.

I wish you had posted about your fears here, I think several of us could have encouraged you to get in and see the doctor sooner before assuming you had a recurrence. I've done that fearful and keeping quiet over a scare myself, it's no fun.

I feel like you have been such a constant support though, through everything I've been through, I would have loved to be able to give more back.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"