Hi Minnie, So sorry to read what you've been going through. The best thing about OCF is that we know we're not alone as others have felt that same fear, lost our composure big time, par for the course so don't feel bad because your normal.

I've had the same problem, among others, this past year so hope I can help you a bit here.
When I had cancer 5 yrs ago I was on a liquid diet 4 years but finally found one spot on dentures that I could chew pretzels and swallow as long as I uesed yogurt for a dip. Well, let me tell you I was a very happy camper as long as I could have that crunchy food to look forward to.
So I chewed a lot of pretzels even though it was hurting more every night as I took my dentures out for the night. Finally I couldn't take the pain anymore went to dentist for adjustment. He was very upset when he saw this large white patch on roof of mouth,and insisted I get biopsy.
Before I could get it looked at I had that bleeding episode in May.

I'm pretty much over that and have apt. 9/4 for biopsy though oral surgeon doesn't think it's anything and I'm pretty sure he's right as it has shrunk a lot since I've been off pretzels 3 months now.

What I want to tell you Minnie is that we don't have to get skinny because we can't eat regular food. I'm back on liquid food, mostly Nutren 1.5
complete high calorie liquid nutrition.
Yes it tastes terrible, add chocolate, strawberry boost and pour over ice.
I remember after my radiation 5 years ago when food was out of the question the only thing that kept me alive was chocolate Ensure poured over ice was the secret.
Like you I looked like death warmed over till I realized I could die, Anorexic, if I didn't get serious putting nutrition in my body.
Trust me it's very hard to get that weight back on.

So Minnie get yourself some Boost, ice cream, anything to get some nutrition. We can't fight without some real nutrition in our body. There is nothing we can chew with this much food value.

I hope your test comes back nagative and from now on you go easy on the chewing. I know I gave up pretzels PDQ when I saw the look on my dentist face.

Good luck and best wishes to you all as we hold out breath for Minnie this week.

Marlene