Hi Minnie,
I am currently the 25 year old daughter of a man fighter cancer, so I felt compelled to write. All I can tell you is that we (your daughter and me) WANT more than anything to be there for you. We know you're scared and anxious and all the other emotions you all must be feeling, but we want to help. Since we can't do anything to actively fight the cancer the way a doctor can, please let her be there emotionally and with the every day stuff. I'm getting married in December and trying to plan it while dealing with all this, so I understand you trying to protect your daughter and not wanting to add one more "thing" to her plate. But you're doing both yourself and her a favor by letting her in. I'm sure part of her was relieved to see you break-down. You're letting yourself be human...

I also want to thank the rest of you for all your posts. I mostly "lurk" here, but I've learned SO much and really feel like I am now contributing to the fight. You're all in my prayers.

Stephanie -
Father (60yr., nonsmoker, social drinker) dx 6/18/07 w/ Stage4a SCC tonsil. Mets to 3 LN. Induct. chemo (taxol,carboplatin,erbitux) 6/28-8/14; Concurrent Chemo(cisplatin&erbitux) w/ IMRT x 44 8/20-10/2. Surgery to come.