Susan - I posted something to you a couple days ago - We are only a few weeks ahead of you so I know the whole head spinning thing. My husband's dx is the same as your husbands. First, you have to calm down. Easy to say I know - but I was a wreck, couldn't stop crying (didn't do it in front of him or the kids) but it was quite obvious as my eyes were basically swollen shut -(btw, spoons in the fridge/freezer work wonders for swollen eyes) - I had to go to my doc for some help, if there was ever a time for xanax it was then. Seriously, once the shock wears off and he gets into treatment it the day to day, moment to moment stuff gets easier. You have got the be there for your husband. Both Ken and I are keeping "books" - all of his records, questions, everything the doc says - that way we have two sets.
Ken (my hub) is on round 2 of chemo. We just finished up his second day - the lymph node has gone down from a golf ball to a pea. Our goal is to avoid surgery. Get yourselves to a doctor or team of doctors that you trust - and take care of yourself! I'll pm you my phone number if you want to talk.

Lisaj, caregiver to Ken age 45 at DX, non smoker, social drinker, athlete
Stage IV SCC BOT, bilateral lymph involvement
DX 01/08/2010
Taxol, Cisplatin, IFEX
Treatment completed 6/2010 - all clear