Hi Vanessa,

I could never interest Dan in going on this forum, but for me it was a life line! I would read him posts occasionally to assure him that what he was experiencing was similar to what others went through. And, I would post his questions...but, to this day he has never gone on this site. I think it's great that you and Jeff are both here!

Sooo glad that Jeff is getting the PEG. I had the same experience as you did when I mentioned to Dan's team that I had read the PEG was important. I know now that we would have had a much easier time if Dan had a PEG. Getting medications down towards the end of treatment was a real process...liquid medicines burned and pills were hard to swallow.

Good that you have someone who could stay with Jeff if you do go away. There are a few people who got through treatment and recovery without a caregiver and it amazes me. Dan would not have been able to go it alone...and, he'd be the first to admit that.

Glad the blog didn't scare you...it was an odd experience for me to go back and read some of those old posts. Fortunately, those are now distant memories...as this journey will be for you in time to come. :-)

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.