It was nice to get home from work and see all the replies. I can see how this forum is addictive. I run home and check it before my e-mails?

One issue at hand is the PEG. The medical team really wanted Jeff to try and do it without one. I read on this and other forums that the advice was to get a PEG. Our doctor said take what you read with a grain of salt!
So... we have decided to go with the PEG. Jeff has already lost 6 lbs from the tonsillectomy and is slowly putting the weight back on with lots and lots of ensure. We know that won't last long as the radiation treatments continue. He is already quite slim to begin with.

Margaret, if I do go away post treatment for two days I will get a trusted friend to stay with Jeff. You didn't scare me. Your info was the same as all the experiences we have been reading. What we get is that it is a hard journey, but people get through it.

Vanessa

Jeff age 49 DX 5/8/09 Tonsil cancer T2N2BMO. Tonsillectomy 5/14/09. TX: Cisplatin 3x's every 21 days w/ 33 Rad concurrent. 2-3 nodes on right neck affected. PEG 7/10/09. Chemo/rad start 6/12/9, TX finished 7/28/09. Extended TX
3 more chemo/Cisplatin/5FU/Docetaxil start 9/11, Clean PET 10/29/09.