Went to see nurse this week and she's happy with progress in my mouth; did a little silver nitrate work with some loose parts of the failed flap to smooth it all out, but generally granulation is covering it all.

Also did some SN work around my PEG where I'm having granulation and wants me to see PEG installer to have the rest removed.

Will see Dr Haakenslash in a few weeks and expect he will do SN and maybe scissors work to remove some of the granulation that's right up against my teeth. Still brushing with green foam on stick because toothbrush causes a lot of bleeding.

Setting up appointments with speech pathologist at Virginia Mason in Seattle -- I have choices of drive or walk-on with ferry and then drive,walk or take bus from there. Unfortunately no SP here on the island.

Here are the latest weights, in ounces, for the Quack Pack:

____________2/6/09__3/18/09
RatPhooey_____9.2_____11.0
RatHuey______11.2_____13.1
RatDewey_____14.6_____15.4

They are not bonding to me yet, the way an "only" rat would, but that's OK because they have each other for company and aren't lonely when I'm not there. They do want me to interact with them, coming to the corner of their cage closest to me when I'm in the room. I've started playing "Get the Rat!" with them, where you chase them around the cage with your fingers, tickling their bellies and tapping them on the rear ends to make them scoot -- They like it and quickly come back for more.

But when I pick them up and put them on my shoulder, all they do is try to get down and back to cage, rather than ride like a Pasha on an elephant's back.

Age 67 1/2
Ventral Tongue SCC T2N0M0G1 10/05
Anterior Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 6/08
Base of Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 12/08
Three partial glossectomy (10/05,11/05,6/08), PEG, 37 XRT 66.6 Gy 1/06
Neck dissection, trach, PEG & forearm free flap (6/08)
Total glossectomy, trach, PEG & thigh free flap (12/08)
On August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am, Pete went off to play with the ratties in the sky.