Wendy,

Another male voice. As you can see by my signature line your husband and I were similar. I also let the fear take a back seat to my determination to defeat this crap. It may have been a naive approach but I also had my wife who did enough worrying for the both of us. I approached my Tx as another task to be completed; a goal to achieve and I expected to be rewarded at the end with a "job well done" mentality.

Bottom line...my wife had to deal with this her way and I had to deal with it my way. And as far as him not interested in this site, believe it or not, seldom do we see both partners posting. It's usually either the patient or the caregiver.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.