Hi Jen,
I remember desperately missing food! I went from about third week of radiation to a few months after radiation ended only sipping water. It was a very rough thing to handle as food is such a social thing and to me is a comfort. The thing that helped me tremendously was to cook up a storm. I spent tons of money on brand new cooking utensils and the cupboards were over flowing. I bought every cookbook I could get my hands on and cooked dishes I never would have considered before cancer. It made me feel better to serve it to my family and I found great joy in smelling it. Sad thing is, I'm a hopeless cook.....go figure. Man, what I put my husband through was just plain wrong.....he still gives me a wary look when I bring him a plate of food. I have retired the cookbooks, my older girls have "borrowed" most of my new cooking gear, and I'm back to preparing my usual "plain maine" food......veggie, potatoes, bread and meat.
Try cooking, it might be therapeutic for you as it was for me.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.