Rosie, I have been old enough on this forum to know your story with Heather. I agree with Stephany that going back to work can distract you from your sadness, at least during the daytime. I was in severe depression after treatment because I had nothing to do and I was once a workaholic. When I resumed my previous job, even though I had a tough time coping with all the stress, my depression gradually disappeared. I have worked for almost 3 years now to the full and the thought of my illness has gradually decreased. Because of the radical education reform here, my job becomes more stressful. At this point, I am thinking of early retirement. But I still have a major consideration: how am I going to 'kill' my time at home? So Rosie, if you are given a chance to take up a job that you like, go ahead. Time is the best medicine and I think you will slowly recover from your wound.My best wishes to you and Stephany.

Karen.

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.