Michelle, I too am so sorry to hear about how Marcie is doing. Remembering my first wife Sharon's battle at that stage, she had trouble supporting herself upright, and had to do the diaper routine. I think what angered her the most was the loss of control over her own life at that point.

We did take what time we could though to take "walks" around the hospital when she was there, then when she was at the skilled nursing facility she even enjoyed being wheeled around the parking lot in her wheelchair. We also just enjoyed sitting outside, watching the world go by and talking about our experiences in the past, her wishes for me in the future.

At this point I can't offer any new suggestions only prayers and support, sounds like you are doing a great job of taking care of Marcie. Just remember, take care of Michelle too. One thing a a caregiver's support group that I belonged to taught us was that we would be no good as care givers if we were too worn out from the process. Most all of us had to learn to take care of ourselves also, both mentally and physically.

Take care
Bob S.

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.