Hi Dizz,

I'm so glad to hear things got better for you! I really hope your trip works out!!

It may be because you're doing the clinical trial but Scott doesn't have any of those things that they have all set up for you. They did have a dietician come by at the cancer center but he hasn't seen his surgeon since the beginning of August and doesn't see him again until, maybe next month??? And I have no idea if he will get a speech therapist. smh But I'm guessing that they may be waiting until the RT and chemo are finished before going further or maybe just waiting for him to heal some more. Not sure...

Did they have to cut your abdomen? Scott's only surgical wound is on his neck and it has been seeping pus since around the 2nd week out of the hospital. It stopped for maybe a week, then started back up and still looks really bad. Now he has radiation burns on top of it. frown The burns don't look too bad though and he says that he cant really feel them. I don't know if it is because of the numbness in his neck or if it's just because they really aren't that bad. He says it hurts to swallow but he's not really having any other issues atm. He did have thrush but the nystatin seemed to clear it up. Only relying on the feeding tube for nutrition now, we stopped doing Nutribullets because it burned his mouth but he is still drinking water. He has mainly been resting and having to cough and spit a lot. Bless his heart. frown Only 2 more weeks left though!

That is so great that you've planned ahead with all of the different foods and even going out and all. And only one more chemo to go. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope it goes well but if it wears ya out remember to just rest when you need to and don't push yourself too hard.

Best wishes always!! and keep us posted. (I always check in and read even though it sometimes takes me forever to get to sit down with my laptop and write. smirk )

Pam

Significant Other diagnosed in May: SCC Right Lateral Tongue , Right Floor of Mouth. Surgery July 30, 2019: Subtotal Glossectomy. Right Mandibulectomy, Extraction of All lower teeth. Removal of Right Lymph nodes; SCC in 4 of 23 Lymph Nodes, Reconstruction using tissue and bone from forearm and tissue from thigh.
Former smoker: 30 years and family h/o Cancer
Radiation began 9/6/19 and chemo 9/11/19.
Finished treatment in October 2019.
Awaiting CT Scan.