Good heavens, no, get a cab. Or better yet a limo. With a chauffeur who looks like Tom Branson in Downton Abbey. laugh (The movie's out here, and it's lovely!) You deserve a really nice restful ride.

((hugs))

There are groups here, so I am told, that offer to coordinate rides for patients who need treatment and get to the point where they can't drive themselves. Is there something similar where you are? Would your hospital be able to put you in touch with such a group? It's meant to be charitable, a relief / help group ... usually friends or family of survivors who kind of get what you're going through and want to pay it forward from what help they received back when it was their turn. Might be worth asking?

Don't over-push yourself ... it always comes back to haunt you later. Stay strong, but don't USE all the strong! (If that makes sense.)

You can sing German? Wow. I've got a friend who would be a fan. Me, I can fake-follow-along on some Christmas carols, some of the French or Latin ones, but that's it ... German is beyond me. Though I had fun terrorizing my middle-school Sunday School class who were fussing about different Bible translations by bringing them in the old Anglo-Saxon passages and letting them take a look at THAT ... hehehe ... suddenly stuffy old King James didn't seem that rough anymore, and the NRSV and NIV were positively simplistic. It was a blast. (I took a semester of Anglo-Saxon in college for an elective English credit; loved every minute of it. Yes, I am weird. Been handy, though.)

Do you play an instrument?
(Yes, I'm ADD-hopping back to music.)

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads