Oh gosh Pam, I thought I'd replied!

I'm glad he's not had any setbacks. My only one was last weekend when I totally underestimated my energy level v food intake. I didn't eat enough and then my energy dropped so low I got shaky and could barely climb the stairs. It took me a good few days to recover. Plus my magnesium and potassium levels dropped, which didn't help. I'm back up now though, I'm on magnesium for a few more days and then I should be fine.

I've been attending my radiotherapy (RT) sessions but I've not been walking as much as I had liked because of the tiredness. I'm gutted about that. A friend of mine who has cancer has said that he now identifys as a Sloth because he has slowed down so much. I can see exactly where he is coming from and I think I'll be identifying as a Sloth too from now on smile

My skin is also red and I'm peeling in a couple of places. I'm gently washing the area and applying cream, which is so soothing (I keep it in the fridge for extra soothing). I've just started using the feeding tube for nutrition (Ensure plus) as my mouth is too sore to eat. I can only drink cool water as it's soothing. I lost my voice for 3 days, which my husband can honestly say he did not like (nagging ahoy!). I can sleep so much if it wasn't for the mucus that builds up at the back of my throat causing me to clear my throat or cough, so I've been napping.

I have 4 fractions of RT left. I will be finished on Oct 31st. I cannot wait.

My husband has gone away for the weekend. I was meant to be at my sister's but I just couldn't make it. Instead I'm at home enjoying peace and quiet of being on my own.

How is your husband doing?

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients