Hi Dizz!

I wanted to clarify something about the 3 "big bag" method of doing chemo. This is what Ive seen others here in the US report. Its unlikely the doc will switch from the 3 big doses down to the weekly chemo. Ive never seen that done for anyone on the forum. If you are noticing a difference with your hearing, its probably related to the cisplatin. DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER DOSE!!! (not even a smaller weekly dose) . Tell your doc right away about your hearing! Cisplatin is known to cause permanent hearing and kidney problems. In the US when a patient reports hearing issues and has been given cisplatin, they are usually switched to another chemo, carboplatin. Theres others out there similar so possibly a different chemo. For many years cisplatin was the most effective of all chemos for OC so thats what was almost always used. All the people here who noticed the hearing issues

As far as the chemo days go... from my experiences, nurses automatically give patients extra hydration in IVs along with the dose of chemo. The extra fluids usually help patients feel better. Even if given extra fluids, make certain to drink extra water the day before, day of, and day after your chemo days. The extra fluids help to flush the poison (chemo) out of your system.

Best wishes for an easy week!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy