The technicians can tell if his mask is too loose when aligning him up before radiation and setting up the beams. The RO will start to be concerned if to much weight is lost, 5lbs, when being weighed each week, and may suggest another simulation, new mask if further weight is lost, but it's a good question to ask. It also depends on how much weight is lost in the face. I lost 40lbs during one radiation treatment, and used the same mask, so everyone is different.

As far as the tumor not needing radiation anymore due to the tonsil being clinically responsive, it does. There entire tumor may not be killed off, microscopic cancer can be there, and tumor does regenerate, after each radiation, so he needs to complete the entire treatment to kill the cancer completely.

I stayed at American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge if that's the one you are referring to. It's an amazing place, full service, upscale, and better than some hotels costing $350 at night, minimum here, I was at their flagship lodge in NYC, although I live here, it would take me up to 2 hrs each way to commute, sometimes longer, just for 14 mies lol, so my RO set me up at Hope Lodge, so I could do my treatments at the hospital. I met a lot of people, some around the world.

I never take notes during the meeting, it takes away from the conversation flow. If anything, I would write questions to ask beforehand, and when I leave the office jot down key parts of our conversation. I usually get or already have copies of all my scans, surgical reports, pathologies, blood work, and later on the doctor's office reports, so that is helpful to understand what thier talking about, clarify anything. I would never record the conversation either, even if the doctor said yes. You may just get guarded answers then. I go alone to my doctors, but an extra set of ears may help, who can take notes, but they shouldn't get too involved (mouthy lol), and mix up the conversation, that's my opinion, but do whatever works for both of you.

All the best.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI