Newbie Food continued. On either side of the Holiday Inn close by are a Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs. Grab some bottled water and either Ensure or Boost for meals. Just down the hill from the Broadway and Cambie Skytrain station is Whole Foods and across the street is a Save-On. At WF I got a small tub of mild guacamole, another of hummus, and to get adventurous, a tub of tapenade. The tapenade is small chopped olives of several varieties, and some oil and spices. These bits can and do get under the tongue and up in the cheeks, but it tastes so good! Across at S-O some Freybe fine Liver Suasage with Herbs, and a couple bottles of low sodium V-8 juice rounded out my first post hospital meal. I'm an omnivore and this liver sausage is about the only meat ground finely enough to get down in the first few days. Even then it's easier to eat washed down with the V-8 juice. There you go, meat, and veggies in a semi-liquid form. We came home two days later on the Friday. Now I am able to smash up hard boiled eggs, then add some guacamole, hummus, and olive oil. This should keep anyone powered up. Tonight I plan a baked cauliflower and broccoli recipe. You will survive, good luck.

Ja 2013 tongue, red sore spot, r/r edge + white strip underneath, no pain
Al Bx on spot, strip, and vocal cords, lab rep benign
Oc 24 Surgeon follow-up, larger Bx req'd
Oc 25 Bx bits to Vanc. Cancer lab
No 14 MD said more ca investig'n req'd
No 19 Prince George CC, MRI & CT
No 20 PGCC Oncol says cancer
De 2 Vancouver Cancer Centre, PET/CT
De 31 VGH partial glossX + ex spot on vocal cords