Here in Canada we actually have electronic medical records. There are three ways of getting results. One on paper - which eventually finds its way there. Two, via phone - the dr. can call in for a preliminary. Three electronically. You can bet your dr. knew the score before you walked in. (I had my first CT at 11am - my family dr. had the written results by two that same day). All he or she had to do was pick up the phone or check his computer. It is the ENT/surgical oncologist who will be doing the blue light procedure. Often here you will have a dr. who runs point on everything. And frankly if you have non HPV related tongue cancer the first line of treatment is your ENT/Surgical oncologist - who will perform the surgery. Once that is done and pathology is back, he or she will send you on to rads and chemo. They may not have sat down and discussed what is going on in front of you... but they do consult between each other. There is a standard type of treatment for this particular cancer (oral tongue) so it sounds like you are on track. Technically the CT is meant to show the dr where to cut (and if there are mets), however with the blue light - the ct is merely a guideline since they will be seeing the cancer in real time.
My dr operated on my husband's cousin 20 for an unusual thyroid cancer. He looked at the ct and based on it said he would be removing her thyroid and 70 lymphnodes in the neck. He went in two weeks later and ended up removing 160, 90 were positive for cancer. The blue light really does make a difference.

good luck!!!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan