The ENT will get a copy of PET report usually that day or the next, in my experiences, and if the hospital is associated with the place of the diagnostic scan, they can look at it in their system. I brought scans in myself from other hospitals, doctors, being I switched locations several times, some who looked at the scan briefly, in my presence, stating he will look further, and another that went to another area, not the exam room, to look at it where it may be set up for that purpose, but it takes time, experience, training to look at them unlike a CT which is more straight forward, and the diagnostic center has to write out the report with the findings, and their interpretation.

I had CT, MRI, FNAB, and a full body PET/CT was still ordered. This is to show any other involvement to distant areas, chest, locations outside the area previously scanned, and each are good for highlighting certain areas, and the PET can detect tumors as small as 5mm. I had one that was 3x7mm, which may not be detected by CT or MRI, which usually detects above 1cm.

I heard of the blue fluorescence, staining, being used during surgery.

I recall your tumor being on the back of your tongue, but could see or reach it. Not sure if this is the oral tongue or base of tongue. HPV-16 is 90% of the time in the oropharynx, tonsil, base of tongue. With a biopsy they can always test for that, and usually doesn't change treatment plans, outside of clinical trials, but being they are doing surgery first, it doesn't sound like oropharynx cancer, which usually involves Chemoradiation, it sounds like the oral tongue.

Good luck with everything.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI