Hi Carpe:
Welcome to the next forum in your journey.

I'm a little worried that you mention there was no "real team consultation" on your case. It sounds like the surgeon is calling all the shots and even the oncologist is only along for the ride in providing the blue light service.

Do you know if this is the usual method used at this hospital in Vanc where one discipline over-rules the others or am I mis-understanding what you wrote?

As for the surgeon not even opening your scan results, I think it possible that the surgeon might have reviewed your scan if he had some time to prepare. But, you bringing it with you gave him no prep time. If he was very busy that day maybe he couldn't take the time to review it in your presence. If that is the case I'm hoping he at least reviews it later to better inform his knowledge of your case. If he never reviews it, then I would really be worried.

Please understand I am not trying to scare you by writing this, there are just a couple of things about what has gone on that somehow don't sit well after reading it. Maybe you need to ask some more questions. Maybe I'm the one who is reading this all wrong. I hope others jump in here and give their thoughts. We have some very informed Canuck members whom I'm hoping will comment.

Take care Carpe, we will get through this forum soon enough and move on into Post Treatment. I am so looking forward to the return of taste in food. I would kill right now for a cheeseburger and fries that I could actually taste.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good