I am going to break this up into several posts. For those interested in my procedure, the oncologist who was originally supposed to use the blue light during the surgery was away, so no blue light. All my margins at the surgeon's visual limits. (Sign of cross, fingers and toes crossed, petting rabbit's foot....) As for my future, I will be seeing the MO in Prince George on Jan.15/2014, and my original biopsy surgeon (a colleague of my Vanc. surgeon) on Feb.20/2014.

Hanging over my head is the small spot picked up by the blue light on the R/F of my tongue at the Dec.2/2013 visit to Vancouver. For those interested, this tool is shown on this site in an area called Products/Products for Dentists/VELscope. I am going back and forth with these folks on the use of this technology. They want to use it cautiously, and sparingly, because they say it can yield false positives, gatekeeping as far as I'm concerned. This light shows up early problems not visible to the naked eye under normal light. If someone knows the cost of this device, a post will be welcome. My hope is that if the cost is not too prohibitive, they could become first line screening devices in hospitals where multiple doctors and dentists could have access to them. Of course, if the cost is quite reasonable then distribution could be even more widespread.

Ja 2013 tongue, red sore spot, r/r edge + white strip underneath, no pain
Al Bx on spot, strip, and vocal cords, lab rep benign
Oc 24 Surgeon follow-up, larger Bx req'd
Oc 25 Bx bits to Vanc. Cancer lab
No 14 MD said more ca investig'n req'd
No 19 Prince George CC, MRI & CT
No 20 PGCC Oncol says cancer
De 2 Vancouver Cancer Centre, PET/CT
De 31 VGH partial glossX + ex spot on vocal cords