Such interesting responses but most seems to lean toward the anger, aggression tone. I am four weeks post and by most accounts have glided over most of the rough spots most encounter. However, that in no way diminishes the fact that I have cancer just the same as everyone else in the fight.

Having lived in survival mode for quite some time and standing at the point of life and death numerous times, death does not frighten me or anger me. We all die, just a matter of when.

I turn a lot inward and if anger were to emerge it would be at myself for how I lived the time I have here on Earth. Did I live well, did I treat others well, was I productive, did I waste time, how much was I able to pay forward, etc.

Cancer is a luck of the draw in my view. I lived a healthy life and did not smoke or drink or live too hard, so getting cancer was written in the cards long ago. No need to get angry or upset. It is what it is. Now DEAL!

How well I deal with the situation is where anger or frustration could enter. If I handle things poorly then I have a right to be angry at myself, not outwardly. I will blame myself many times over rather than strike outward. That is why I spent far more than generally observed time, reading and learning everyday about the condition I(we here) face. And a good day is when I know I have armed myself with knowledge to ask the right questions and assess my situation. If things don't go right then make a change. If things don't go right, blame myself for not making the correct assessment and selecting the correct path.

It is like I do not blame myself or anyone or anything for me having cancer. I will blame myself first and foremost as I am the ONE accountable for my life. I just do not see the rationale behind getting all worked up and having that energy and focus go toward anger and all these other negative feelings.

In a way, I view that as a black mark on me again. I spent precious limited resource of time, energy, and focus being pissed. WTF is the point of that. Look what happens: You squander away those limited resources to an end that does not produce something of benefit for you. In my case, I would say rather than waste today preoccupied on the hassle of chemo, I study hard and research some cancer topic using my laptop. At the end of the day, I could be no more knowledgeable or informed but happily pissed or could have a few good new references to get ahead of what next possibilities are out there for my long term health.

As far as the ones that totally collapse and fail to make any concerted effort to be their own advocate or source of strength for the battle. let them lay there as far as I am concerned.

Just different ways each person deals with the curves life throws at each and every one of us each day.

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4
All the details, join at http://beatdown.cognacom.com