I live off of a blenderized diet myself as I can still swallow liquids and some soft foods, however solide foods are largely out of reach. I believe there will be a time when I'll have to switch to a PEG full time and to be honest I don't like the idea but at the same time if that's what i have to do then that's what will happen.

I'm not a fan of the formula's as I haven't found one with ingredients I approve of as I'm generally very mindful of what I put in my body. This is actually why I enjoy blending and have an unnatural obsession with my blender. If you are going to live that type of life, having the proper tools is key which is why I recommend a Vitamix. With my blender I'm able to get the same consistency as the formulas and I can control my macronutrient breakdowns and make sure I get all my vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc...

I make a game out of it myself as I've shown where I can control some of my hormone levels, hydration, etc by my intake. It keeps my mind off of how bad it sucks not to eat solids. I still cook for my family as I love to cook, and sometimes it's hard but you find ways to cope. One of the ways I found that helps is to have conversations with others that share similar issues...like my friends on these forums.

Anyway I hope you and your wife find solutions that work, keep your chin up.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.