Shadow, there are at least a hundred of different forumlas on the market. I was one who struggled with finding the right one and was very ill from several of the types I tried. Talk this over with her doc. Ask for a nutritionist to help. They may be able to give you a few cans of different kinds to try. Some formulas are milder and easier on the stomach than others.

Ive used a feeding tube for a very long time and picked up several tips to make the formula easier to tolerate. Maybe some of the following ideas will help your wife. Besides trying different formulas, the most common things which cause stomach discomfort when using a feeding tube are speed and consistency. What about using a feeding pump? If you dont already have one, ask the doc for a prescription for one. That could make a huge difference! You can program it to run slowly. Also adding water to the formula can make a huge difference. When doing a feeding, she should be sitting up or only slightly reclined, never laying down. If using a feeding pump, try to raise the head of the bed about 6" and have your wife sleep on at least 3 pillows so she is laying inclined.

Please suggest these tried and proven helpful tips. Never know until you try them. Its worth a shot!!!

Good luck!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy