[quote]When we don't see that you have at least consulted with a CCC, we all kind of jump in and recommend that you do in case it is something that is simply not on the radar.[/quote]

That's understandable and, like I said, I know that it comes from a place of concern. But it's seriously alienating as someone new to this board and this experience to have our decisions questioned in a tone that implies we're taking shortcuts with my husband's care because we can't be bothered to drive to MDA.

I'm probably overreacting to this, but in less than a month my husband was diagnosed with cancer and had 1/4 of his tongue removed. My head hasn't stopped spinning yet and all of my emotions are pretty close to the surface. I appreciate the wealth of information on this board but I would suggest that folks consider their tone a bit more carefully.

Husband diagnosed 10/11/12 with Stage III oral tongue SCC, T3N1M0 (HPV negative). 35 years old, non-smoker, non-drinker.
Hemiglossectomy and left selective neck dissection (levels 2, 3, and 4) on 11/01/12.
Chemo (Cisplatin x 3) finished 1/23/13.
Radiation finished 1/28/13.