thanks so much Connie.....we are doing all we can....lil update, he is back in hospital frown

he called us yesterday saying he could not breathe....we ran down there and he looked fine, but he said it felt like the mucous was taking over his lungs!!! his mucous is HORRIBLE....he said he thought he was dying......so we called ambulance, they rushed him to hospital....

they gave him lots of breathing treatments and meds to help loosed the mucus, they did a cat scan as well.....nurse said they are looking at possible pneaumonia, or cancer has spread into lungs, or possible heart failure? but will not know until tomorrow, he says he feels much better, but the mucous is definitely at its worse, poor guy frown

tomorrow he is having (cant think of the word) but the tube inserted where it drains fluid off the lungs for relief......will post as i know more...thanks for the support! I read all these posts and you guys and your stories are all so touching and I pray and thank each and every one of you...good night

FIL DX JAN 29, 2011
stage 4 Squamous cell carcinoma
inoperable due to his overall health.
started treatment: March 2011.
feeding tube and TRACH
finished 39 radiations and weekly chemos JUNE..
June- 3 weeks in hospital for pneumonia
July-pet scan showed slightly better
OCT- hospice care, cancer all thru body