Barb, I'm with ya sister. It's a pain in the ass for me and I really have to be motivated to eat anymore. My swallowing mech is worthless and with half of my tongue and face paralyzed I have to make the choice of talking (which I've had to do more of lately) or eating solids...so I talk.

My conundrum is that my body is starting to revert to my "natural" self and packing on muscle...so I was constantly trying to eat. Now, I'm slamming Ensure Plus mixed with protien powder (mixed with coffee and 5 hour in the morning laugh ) to maintain weight and energy. I push myself in my days so energy and fuel is all I see with food anymore, which is a tough one to swallow so to speak.

Where I've always kept a good eating plan I really enjoyed cooking. I BBQ like a fool but in my previous life my wife and I enjoyed wine and cooking family meals after a long day working...it was our time. Now, we cook for a living, mostly the recipes we perfected during that time, and it's too tough for me to think about enjoying any of it. I don't think about it much anymore but it's a definite social aspect I'll never fully enjoy again.

Anyway....it's good to see your posts Barb, love you girl, been on my mind lately smile

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.