Thank you all very much. I know that I have great support from my OCF friends. I've looked around at some BC forums and I haven't seen any that come close to matching the close "family" feel of OCF. As for taking on the caregiver role, I know I can't do anywhere near as great a job as as Linda did for me but I'll just have to give it my best, won't I. Chico has a lot of great doctor's as it's a popular retirement area and has a Cal State University campus. Enloe Regional Cancer Center is top notch as ias the Valley Breast Care Center. My mother and sister both have survived BC, Mom for 11 years and my sis for 6, after being treated at these facilities and we have faith in them. Meanwhile, I have to see about getting a refund for our air fare to Puerto Vallarta (I did buy insurance which covers medical situations) and see what I can work out with the resorts down there. The mundane concerns of life don't just go away at times like this. I'm just very happy to have you all to turn to to make me feel a bit less stressed and a bit more blessed.

David R. 65 yr old male non-smoker, light drinker, stage 3 or 4, depending on which doc you ask, scc rt. tonsil, 2 nodes, 7 weeks radiation and chemo. No surgery. Teatment ended 3/20/08. PET scan 8/08 showed no cancer.
And now, as of oct, 2010, caregiver to wife, Linda, with breast cancer.
May, 2013, Linda diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Enuf already.