I hope you are being open with your therapist about all this -- Seems to me that you are looking at everything from the most negative perspective possible and letting even the little things (waiting for overseas telephone call, for example) get you down -- I am not a doc, but sounds to me like you should also be taking some anti-depressants to help you get through this -- Again, discuss it with your therapist and your primary or cancer doc.

I personally found great benefit in the modern SSRI class of ADs -- Your body produces seratonin, which makes you feel good and these ADs slow down the process of reabsorbtion of the seratonin so the good moods last longer (SSRI is Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor). The really black, hopeless moods became very few and far between.

Also, if you are feeling bad in terms of physical stuf, like nausea, you should be asking Doc for meds to counter-act that.

Hmm, maybe a visit to Rent-A-Rabbit or Lap Dogs 'R Us would be of some help <g>.

Age 67 1/2
Ventral Tongue SCC T2N0M0G1 10/05
Anterior Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 6/08
Base of Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 12/08
Three partial glossectomy (10/05,11/05,6/08), PEG, 37 XRT 66.6 Gy 1/06
Neck dissection, trach, PEG & forearm free flap (6/08)
Total glossectomy, trach, PEG & thigh free flap (12/08)
On August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am, Pete went off to play with the ratties in the sky.