I have, without a doubt, been dealing with anxiety/depression. I was in a meeting with my boss, my boss' boss and some other higher ups. That is the moment I had my panic attack. When all was said and done I was terrified to drive. Since my fiancee and I work together it was easy for me to avoid driving. After 2 days I decided I had to nip it in the bud. I drove my 45 minute drive on the PA turnpike to work. I stayed in the right lane and talked to myself to stay as calm as possible. Once I was close to work I cried uncontrollably. I was so excited that I did it. Now I can drive again. What I am saying is, you have to fight your fears. I know it is hard, I was so scared and felt like I couldn't breathe the whole time. But I'm so happy I did.

I also go to therapy and take Lexapro. Has your therapist told you about triggers and you need to get rid of them? In my case, smells were a real trigger. I got rid of the candles I used at those times and shampoo and body wash. I did other things that made a huge difference too. I put a slip cover on the couch so the house looked different. My favorit? I smashed all of my pain meds. That got rid of a lot of my frustration. I wish you luck and let me know if I can do anything to help!!

Suzanne
T1 SCC on right side of tongue
Age 31...27 when diagnosed
4 partial glossectomies
No chemo or radiation
Biopsy on 2/2/10-Clear
Surgery needed again...no later than April 2011
Loving life and just became a mother on 11/25/10
It's not what we CAN'T do..it's what we CAN do:)