yep, this seems very similar for me. It's as if I don't have enough energy to bring myself to support group or it's closed when I have enough energy.

I see a student (PhD candidate) therapist but he does not seem to help me too much. Maybe I should try to see someone else, but that also takes effort.

I try being more social but get anxious or rejected which depresses/angers me and than it's harder to try again.

My wife seems to think that I got a "clean bill of health" and I am now ok, after all "some people came to her gym to work out while having chemotherapy."

My primary oncologist feels that radiation fatigue stops after a year and that it's the depression that's making me tired. "some of my patients are running marathons" "you are the only patient who is suffering from fatigue". I don't know where they get these types of statements.

[quote=darkeyedlady0]Sometimes it takes a stronger person to ask for help. Also support is good but you have to find what works for you. When I was at my lowest point, groups made me feel more anxious. For me I needed one on one and some medicine to help get me chemically balanced. It was a huge circle made of dominoes and they would keep knocking each other down. To get better I had to interact and ask for help but a lot of times that made me more anxious which made me more depressed and hard on myself cause I couldn't do it. That started a whole new batch of emotions. Please do yourself the biggest favour find a phone number of either a hospital or nearest counselling office. Another answer for me when I wasn't able to get help from a professional I journaled. I wrote and wrote and wrote and wroter about 10 journals over the course of deepest depression. I wrote about everything it didn't matter how small or how huge just wrote everything and anything I felt. I don't mean to lecture but I have been in those depths and it is absolutely no fun to feel that alone. Have faith in yourself enough to get help and trust me once you find someone to lean on you will begin to see a light, feel some relief and those dominoes seem to grow legs and stand on their own...You can do this and you will be ok...You have started by taking a step and talking here. Remember you never have to be alone!! [/quote]

Dx 10/06 Adenoid Cystic carcinoma; Stage I. Soft palate/minor salivary glands.
Tx surgery 11/06 Tomotherapy (targeted IMRT) 3/07