I think it's much easier if you are a natural optimist.

There are some things about which I am happy like my daughter. They can temporarily take me away from the pain/loneliness or distract me.
The next day, oesp in the morning, the fear and catastrophizing are back.

I managed to find a therapist to see me for 6 sessions. She also wanted me to go that route. Find 3 things that I enjoy ,do them for half hour each day and note the feelings. I've only been able to do one thing

Sometimes I am almost afraid of doing something that I like for fear of coloring it negatively, somewhat like not eating favorite foods during Tx for fear of associating them with Tx.

Often I find something wrong even with the pleasant things or activities I enjoy.

The loss of physical ability, injuries and illness make it harder to deal.

I've hurt my hip and it's now been 2 weeks. It wakes me up at night. For about 6 weeks I've had flus/colds and whatever. Right not I have a strong headache feel more fatigue etc

[quote=suzanne98]Hi TRT,

For the most part I have always been a happy person. Is there anything in your life that you are happy about? Or, is there anything that you like to do? It is very easy to think about the bad in life but there has to be something that brings a smile to your face. What are those things? [/quote]

Dx 10/06 Adenoid Cystic carcinoma; Stage I. Soft palate/minor salivary glands.
Tx surgery 11/06 Tomotherapy (targeted IMRT) 3/07