One thought hopefully you can comprehend in your state of mind it is ok to need the help of others. In fact it is more than ok. But also some people do need visits even if they have family. Change is good and you could bring something to them that family didn't...It is the old glass half full analogy...

Panic attacks can feel like real heart attacks can feel like a lot of things. Self talk at times like you experience can help put you in a different frame of mind. If you feel wierd talking to yourself talk to a stuffed animal or a pet or a rock for that matter. And breathe...breathing is very important during a panic attack. Concentrate on breathing. Count in through your nose...as long as you can then exhale through your mouth and starting counting the breath out. Gosh reading this back sound as clear as mud. Wish I could express better but I just know from my experience how concentrating on breathing brought me out of anxity attacks. They are horrible and real. But they are treatable and you can start to take control over them.

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY