Yes, it is funny whom you will allow to see your feeding ordeal. Some folks I don't mind and others "no way".

Mine is a volume problem. I am supposed to take in five cans of 2cal a day for a total of 2250 calories and as much water as I can. I do get in three cans a day and usually three cups of water, (Christine would really scream at me for this low amount of water). Crazy how excited I am when I do four cans in one day. I do one cup at a time and then am so full I have to wait several hours before I go for another cup. I am trying to add to that a little more each feeding to get the volume higher. I have just received a case of Liquid Hope packages from Larry6905 on this site and plan to try it today. Anything to get off the canned liquid !

I tolerate the food commercials, driving past our old favorite restaurant stomping grounds, grocery stores and even get togethers with friends where food is one of the main attractions. But, what I find myself doing is searching recipes from any and everywhere. I write them out always planning to make them. I have more notebook recipe books now than you can imagine, LOL. Hubby says we are going to go broke buying reams of paper. I think I even am giving myself carpel tunnel of the left wrist with all this writing ! Oh well, it keeps me busy.

Through Amazon I subscribed to an app called Texture last week. For about $15.00 a month I can read any or all of the 187 magazines they offer. As well as back issues. Of course I chose all the recipe books first then Consumer Reports, Smithsonian, This Old House, History, and several more. Having fun with that even though my wrist is suffering.

I am amazed that you have the strength and drive to work every day. I eat and read and sleep a lot. I can not even imagine having young ones around, working, or even taking on all the house duties. My hubby takes care of just about everything (except laundry, he is clueless there). We have the grandkids here often and they sometimes spend the night. They are 3, 2, and 1. Wow, am I worn out when they leave, but so much fun to spend time with them. I just think how hard this would have been to go through when our three kids were young or even teenagers. Yes, the after effects of all we have been through sure is a battle.

I saw the ENT Doctor yesterday. He did the light/scope down the nose and mouth and said it looked very good except that my throat was still very swollen and raw but to keep doing what I have been doing. He did take a lot of wax out of both ears, oh my what a relief that was ! He said it was still lots of dead skin from the radiation.

I try to stay positive and I have read your comment "we have been given this path in life for a reason" several times, even wrote it down. I does give me strength and I thank you for that. Take care and looking forward to hearing from you.

Sept 2002 Rt breast cancer no chemo or radiation.
March 2015 Rt tonsil cancer - walnut size lump rt side neck.
March 2015 Scan, biopsy confirm
March 2015 Port, G tube placed, 10 teeth removed.
July 2015 completed 5 chemo/35 radiations
Sept 2015 Cat Scan all clear
July 2016 G tube, port still in place
Ive had Thyroid "graves disease" and Lupus for many years.
4 kidney stone surgeries past 3 mo with over 100 stones still there !

*** Update... Jo passed away 12/20/17 ... RIP Jo ***