Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and I do not even have pneumonia to use as a reason. So sorry you have had to deal with that but nice to hear you are on the mend.

Yes, Jerry will be raking leaves and riding his lawnmower here till Thanksgiving too, good thing he likes that line of work. I am busy cleaning and putting the hummingbird feeders away and setting up the bird feeders (well, we should call them squirrel/bird feeders). I love to watch the bright red cardinals at the feeder right out the window, sometimes four or five at once. A beautiful bird visited a lot, last winter and we finally purchased a bird "picture" book and learned it is a type of woodpecker. Upon investigation we discovered they have been quite active in the woods behind our house. No wonder we are having to have trees removed !

Jerry sawed up one of the trees that had fallen during hurricane Matthew even though they are coming to do that when they take 5 or 6 trees down next week. But, he just bought a new chain saw and has been going crazy to get to try it out. Must be a guy thing ! He was more sore than he wanted to admit ......but happy.

Yes, social functions and family gatherings are stressful for me too. I think it is because I try to let on that I am doing so much better than I really am. Now is this to bring them relief or me ? I am not sure. I guess it is the old "I'm fine" refrain because you know they don't really want to hear the whole story.

Sounds like the PT is bringing very good results ! I have poo pooed PT in the past a few times thinking I just did not have time for that but when I have done it I have to admit the results showed. Even though PT is time consuming it would be good to remember that sometimes we just must stop and take care of our needs.

I am still doing the gravity feeding but I have been very slowly working on introducing Real Foods Blend and Liquid Hope to my 2Cal diet. The stuff stinks and does not have quite as many calories as the 2Cal so I am trying to get an extra feeding in a day. When I get this down pat and transitioned to this new "better for you" formula I will call the doctor to request Real Food Blend or Liquid Hope along with the infinity. I find that I sure take change a lot slower than I used to. I guess that is a fear of feeling worse than I already do.

Woke up a couple of days ago just a wee bit not as gagging dry as I have been for so long. So this has been a very encouraging change and much appreciated.

Oh the warm apple pie and ice cream, what a delight that was ! Our son and daughter in law invited us over a couple of weeks ago and served warm (abet) store bought Apple pie along with birthday cake. I took a spoonful of the apple sauce and it was heaven. I hate to say it but I kept going back for another spoonful and another until I had devoured almost all the pie juice. They didn't mind thank goodness but it was a family group laugh the way I was acting ! I need to get in the kitchen and make an "apple juice" pie. I am working on dipping a spoonful of banana nut bread in soup lately and getting that down without a lump in my throat for two hours. Four or five bites is quite enough for now but a real treat. Funny how eating is so much work.

Please take care of yourself, no more pneumonia and keep up with that physical therapy!

Sept 2002 Rt breast cancer no chemo or radiation.
March 2015 Rt tonsil cancer - walnut size lump rt side neck.
March 2015 Scan, biopsy confirm
March 2015 Port, G tube placed, 10 teeth removed.
July 2015 completed 5 chemo/35 radiations
Sept 2015 Cat Scan all clear
July 2016 G tube, port still in place
Ive had Thyroid "graves disease" and Lupus for many years.
4 kidney stone surgeries past 3 mo with over 100 stones still there !

*** Update... Jo passed away 12/20/17 ... RIP Jo ***