Jo -

I grew up in rural area nextdoor to my grandparents. Between my grandfather and my dad, they taught me everything. Rough and finish carpentry, cabinet making, plumbing, electrical, roofing, how to work on engines, hunting, and, of course working with chainsaws.....There's just something so satisfying about a good days work with your hands. Hard to explain unless you experience it on a regular basis.

I felt so good last night after blowing all the leaves from my yard I grabbed my axe and tried splitting some wood. Probably not the best idea!!! Not quite ready for that activity. Maybe I'll try again in few months.

The apple pie brought back some memories. My grandfather and I used to pick apples and peaches form their orchard and my grandma would make apple butter / apple and peach pies / apple dumplings / canned apple sauce / peach jelly. I really miss her cooking. Home made bread with real butter and apple butter was a great treat!

My grandparents were very simple, honest people living on very limited means. They were married during the depression and raised a family as best as they could manage. They were by far the strongest most decent people I've ever known and I was lucky enough to have spent a great deal of my youth around them.

There are a lot of nice people in the world.....far fewer GOOD people.

I was blessed in having a strong family and great friends throughout my life. Conversely, I STILL haven't been able address the issues driving my anxiety at family / social events. You're right about the "I'm fine" line by the way. Nobody really wants to hear the gory details so why "rain on their parade". Here is what I'm hoping for - the increased energy and benefits from the PT will reduce the intensity of the emotional and mental issues I'm stuck with. Thanksgiving will be my next attempt to work through it.

Keep trying different things with your feeding. You will eventually find something that works well for you.

Great news about your increased saliva in the morning. (Now there's a sentence I never thought I would write!)

Get back to the PT....It will help in the long run

1997 SCC Tumor on tongue - Partial Gloss
1997 Met to Lymph
Radical Neck Dissection / 2nd Partial Gloss
6 weeks chemo and radiation
Brachytherapy
2011 Stroke
2014 Recurrence SCC at Base of Tongue / Hemi-gloss
Free Flap reconstr from thigh
PEG Tube
Radiation
Permanent Issues with speech and swallowing