Jo,

Wax in the ears! I thought I was the only one that had itchy ears. After recovering from the first series of radiation, my ear canals were constantly dry and itchy. (I know the doctors say not to put anything smaller than an elbow into your ear, but q-tips do the job for me!)

Good luck with the Liquid Hope feeds. Let me know how they work for you.

I think some of my issues are related to volume also. I seem to end up with a lot of nausea when I try three boxes at one feeding now.

One thing that I've found that helps is starting early in the morning and going back to sleep while the pump does its job. That way two or three boxes are in before I even really start my day. Then I read during the evening while another two or three boxes are put through the pump. Although, usually I stop about halfway through and take the dog for a walk or something else just to have a break. The break helps with the "pressure / nausea" (You now have your magazines and recipes to help pass the pump time.)

Glad your hear your good news from the ENT! Its always a relief when you have no new surprises to deal with.

I've re-read your paragraph about work and being busy with family a couple of times. I really believe that resuming my responsibilities at work and at home as soon as possible after treatments was a huge benefit to my overall recovery. Conversely, my kids ability to deal with and accept my illness is also directly linked to how quickly I was able to return to as much of a normal life as possible.

Stay strong and enjoy your grandchildren.....

1997 SCC Tumor on tongue - Partial Gloss
1997 Met to Lymph
Radical Neck Dissection / 2nd Partial Gloss
6 weeks chemo and radiation
Brachytherapy
2011 Stroke
2014 Recurrence SCC at Base of Tongue / Hemi-gloss
Free Flap reconstr from thigh
PEG Tube
Radiation
Permanent Issues with speech and swallowing
2018 - Bleeding throat / mouth